What Do You Know About Organic Foods?
Although the early companies that specialized in organic foods were considered to be risky business ventures, big business has recognized that the consumer interest in foods labeled “organic” is profitable. Many of the small companies have been purchased by the large corporations which now dominate the organic food industry.So it is time to check on if you have kept up on the growth of the organic industry.
1) What percentage of families purchases organic foods?
2) Which company is not affiliated with a large corporation?
a) Amy’s Kitchen
c) Bear Naked
d) Muir Glen
3) How many nonorganic substances have been approved as organic foods by the National Organic Standards Board?
4) Which of the following companies are owned by Pepsico?
a) Honest Tea
b) Naked Juice
5) What is the total dollar figure of organic sales, including food and nonfood products, in the U.S.?
a) $28 million
b) $164 million
c) $28 billion
6) Which of the following organic items has the least amount of pesticides?
d) green beans
7) Which juice maker was linked to a deadly E-coli outbreak?
a) Naked Juice
d) Santa Cruz
How many did you get right?
0 to 2- You are a newbie to how the organic industry has “grown up”
3: You know a bit about the organic industry, but still have a lot to learn
4+ you know a lot about the organic industry